RunSwitch extends a big welcome to Madelin Shelton, one of our summer interns. Learn more about Madelin below:
Name: Madelin Shelton
Hometown: Owenton, KY
College/Year/Major: Rising UofL Senior majoring in Political Science and Communications
What part of your internship are you most excited about? Refining my skills in public affairs to prepare for my career.
What drew you to intern at RunSwitch? The success of RunSwitch employees is unmatched and seen throughout the Commonwealth. I knew that RunSwitch attracted the best of the best and trained their employees to go above and beyond in this business.
What is one skill you hope to get better at during your internship? Pitching stories, as that is probably what I have the least experience with.
- Favorite Louisville restaurant: Havana Rumba
- Favorite summer activity: Kayaking
- Dream travel destination: Italy or Israel
- Three things you would want with you if you were stranded on a deserted island: Sunscreen, a satellite phone, and an endless fresh water.
- Go-to karaoke song: Since U Been Gone by Kelly Clarkson
- Last really great book you read: Gentle and Lowly: The Heart of Christ for Sinners and Sufferers by Dane Ortlund
- One thing you’ve waited in line the longest for: Dairy Kastle
- If you were to have a superpower what would it be: To be fluent in every single language
Social media handles: