RunSwitch extends a big welcome to Emily Compton, one of our fall interns. Learn more about Emily below:
Name: Emily Compton
Hometown: Louisville, KY
College/Year/Major: Bellarmine University, Senior, Political Science and Communication double major
What part of your internship are you most excited about?
I am most excited about being thrown into the world of PR and learning to produce quality work in a fast-paced environment.
What drew you to intern at RunSwitch?
I heard of RunSwitch’s reputation for excellence and its friendly work atmosphere from my professor at BU. I researched it for myself and found all the praise to be true.
What is one skill you hope to improve during your internship?
I hope to improve my writing. I plan to go to law school, which involves the thorough, fact-based writing PR often employs.
- Favorite Louisville restaurant: Mark’s Feed Store
- Favorite fall activity: Bonfires with friends
- Currently Netflix binge: Frasier
- Dream travel destination: Fiji
- Three things you would want with you if you were stranded on a deserted island: a hat, a shovel, and Nicomachean Ethics by Aristotle
- If you were an animal what would it be and why: German Shepherd; hard-working, sense of duty, but still silly and fun
- Last really great book you read: A Grief Observed by C. S. Lewis
- One thing you’ve waited in line the longest for: The Voyage at Holiday World
- If you were to have a superpower what would it be: Teleportation