RunSwitch extends a big welcome to David Palmer, one of our summer interns. Learn more about David below:
Name: David Palmer
Hometown: Louisville, KY
College/Year/Major: The University of Alabama/Senior/PR and Marketing
What part of your internship are you most excited about?
Meeting new people and learning from my coworkers! RunSwitch is full of smart, experienced PR professionals, and I’m fortunate enough to be around them every day of the summer.
What drew you to intern at RunSwitch?
I first learned about RunSwitch after Googling “Top PR firms in Louisville” my freshman year of college. I did further research on their client list, and I soon realized it wasn’t just a firm I wanted to intern for, but a firm I wanted to work for one day. The opportunity to work with some of the best PR professionals not only in the state, but in the nation, made it hard to pass up as well.
What is one skill you hope to get better at during your internship?
Creating and editing video. Most of my classes at Alabama haven’t dealt with visual media yet, so it’s a new skill that I could learn over the summer.
- Favorite Louisville restaurant: Ruth Chris
- Favorite summer activity: Playing basketball with my friends from high school
- Currently Netflix binge: The Office
- Dream travel destination: Australia
- Three things you would want with you if you were stranded on a deserted island: water purifier, vinyl records, record player
- Go-to karaoke song: My Girl by The Temptations
- Last really great book you read: The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
- One thing you’ve waited in line the longest for: Space Mountain
- If you were to have a superpower what would it be: Time travel
Social media handles: