RunSwitch PR, Kentucky’s largest public relations and public affairs firm, is looking for a Digital Video Specialist to operate our in-house studio and facilitate all aspects of digital video production for the agency and its clients. We are looking for strategic thinkers who want to work hard, quickly take responsibility, and continue to build the foundations of a strong career. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with clients in the business, politics and nonprofit sectors.
The Digital Video Specialist will be responsible for planning, managing and executing a range of video projects with a strong emphasis on shooting, editing and designing footage for various applications. The role will also include overseeing the firm’s in-house studio—the Bluegrass Media Lab—where live shoots, videos, photoshoots, and media trainings will be conducted for clients.
The position will report to RunSwitch’s Vice-President of Digital.
Manage all aspects of video production. Including but not limited to:
– Creating videos for use on all social media channels
– On-location and in-studio video shoots
– Animating graphical elements such as typography, logos, transitions, opening and ending frames, and superimposed images
– Editing video footage such as cutting segments, compositing, color correction, sound editing and all visual effects
– Management of all video footage, formats and files for the agency and clients. This includes archiving, uploading and collecting video footage
– Ability to create storyboards, scripts and video outlines. This position will work collaboratively with client leads on messaging and overall direction.
Oversee the Bluegrass Media Lab. This includes but is not limited to:
– Managing and operating all studio equipment such as cameras, lights, cables, software, microphones and other studio technologies
– Along with account managers, overseeing the production and scheduling of client videos
– Hosting guests for live news interviews and client recordings. This involves overseeing the entire client experience from the studio open till close.
Manage all aspects of photography services. Including but not limited to:
– Conduct on-location and in-studio photography sessions, particularly headshots
– Editing and preparing photos for client review and delivery
– Overseeing and maintain the studio’s photography equipment
– Minimum of three years of video production experience in fast-paced environments
– Must be able to think creatively and have a passion for storytelling. We are looking for someone that will think like a producer with the technical skills of an editor.
– Proficiency with video software products such as: Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects) or Final Cut Pro X
– Experience in animation and graphic design preferred
– Experience with using various equipment, including video and photo specific cameras
– Understanding of social media and video requirements for each channel
– Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
– Public affairs experience is a strong plus. This includes executing videos and digital content for political campaigns and advocacy organizations
– Flexibility to work occasional weekends for a brief period of time for live broadcasts for clients
– Experience working with agencies, media, or design studios is preferred
– Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, including prioritizing and organizing projects to meet client deadlines
– Flexibility and ability to cope well under pressure
– Demonstrate digital video experience by presenting a portfolio of work samples.
RunSwitch offers competitive pay, commissions, health, dental, vision, life, 401(K), flexible workplace and other benefits.
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org